View Single Post
Old October 8 2012, 10:30 PM   #382
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

Harvey wrote: View Post
You skipped four of the best (not to mention crucial) episodes of the series based on a knee-jerk reaction to their plot summaries on the internet. That's just bewildering to me, but to each their own.

If you don't care of the upcoming three-part "Liars Guns and Money" and the finale, well...you're just not a fan of the series. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you shouldn't expect it to change dramatically from this point on. Probably best to stick with Babylon 5.
Well, I plan to watch the Liars, Guns and Money episodes. The synopsis makes it seem like good episodes. The Princess Trilogy just looked horrible, and I read long summaries, a full page an episode. They were actually too long, I would have liked a bit less depth. What did they reveal/have happen that was so important? Revealing that scorpius's head tube is some kind of heat moderation unit? Showing that some random guy can kill Moya whenever he wants? Having D'Argo and Chiana get together? I didn't miss any of the plot points, I just avoided watching a few painful episodes.

I remember when I said I hated A Human Reaction and got similar comments, yet I don't regret continuing with the series. Besides, reading synopsis it looks like the series is picking up, the rest of the episodes this season sound like they have potential (although with only 4 episodes left, they should). I will admit that I may be missing something, but I don't think you can take my skipping three episodes and say that if I don't like them, I don't like the series.

When I started this thread, I didn't think it would get so intense, I was just posting about my experiences with two sci fi shows I'd never watched befpre
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote