View Single Post
Old October 8 2012, 09:30 PM   #569
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: PICTURE POST II!

thestrangledcorpse wrote: View Post
Emher wrote: View Post
You're adorable! That's what you are!
Did you just quote "Boston Legal"? Or was it as a man with a paintbrush said, "a happy little accident"?
I've never seen Boston Legal!
Oh, it's an hilariously odd series. The combo of James Spader And William Shatner is...sublime, to say the least. In any case I was referring to recurring character on that show says stuff like "You're a hoot, that's what you are!" a lot
CorporealClegg wrote: View Post

Oh man, that is so insulting. I know you were trying to be nice and all, but that's just really insulting. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.
I think the piercings are wonderful.

It's her body and she can do with it whatever she pleases. It doesn't distract from her beauty at all.

When ever I see someone say something like that about a person's piercings/tattoos, I can't help to wonder if said person would be as quick to judge about another's choice of attire. "You'd be really beautiful if it wasn't for that sweater," for example.
It is just as ridiculous, but even worse, because there's the added sense of superiority and implication that the individual has damaged themselves. I've had similar responses about my tattoos here on the board (told that I "ruined" my body, etc, etc). I love my tatts, and so could give a flying fuck what other people think of them, but these kind of remarks are terribly rude.
Absolutely. And I don't understand the "ruined" argument in your case at all, seeing as your tattoos are very tasteful. At least the ones I've seen.