Old October 7 2012, 10:43 PM   #123
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: IDW to publish post-Nemesis TNG Borg story, possibly Destiny

Christopher wrote: View Post
Dimesdan wrote: View Post
I was going by your "make of that what you will" comment and asked a question given your adamant assertion that television producers don't ever read books. Ever.
I made no such assertion. Obviously that would be a stupid thing to say, because television producers are as diverse as everyone else and nobody can generalize so glibly about the practices of the entire group. What I said is that on the whole, it's unlikely that a given TV producer would read tie-in novels, since they're very busy actually making their own show and that leaves little time for recreational reading. And if and when they do find the time, they'd probably prefer to read something that didn't remind them of their shows so that they could take a break for a while. Of course there can be exceptions, but on the whole, it's unwise to assume that any given TV producer is familiar with the tie-in novels based on their show.
So in claiming you didn't say something, you go and underline your point by saying the same.

So have you read the comic? Do you have anything to say on that matter or just your usual pedanticness Chris?

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is online now   Reply With Quote