Thread: Babylon 5 S2
View Single Post
Old October 7 2012, 07:48 PM   #23
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago
Re: Babylon 5 S2

I think the point remains that S1 -can- be missed without seriously impacting one's ability to understand later events in the series, though it could be more enjoyable to watch it first. Or one can swing around and watch it later.

Unfortunately there's no way someone can objectively answer the question of whether they would have rather watched S1 first. I just remember the brief exposures I had to S1 episodes before becoming a fan of the series (and maybe they were bad exposures, I honestly couldn't say) failed to elicit my interest beyond "this looks alarmingly low-budget, and the commander's performance is...an interesting choice, but not a choice that interests me". My understanding is that I'm not by any means alone in my opinion.

I remember the B-plot of "Grey 17", or think I do, but I don't recall it having a "crucial" impact on later events. I'm sure I've read the synopsis of "TKO", but I don't remember the discussion of the B-plot well enough to comment.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote