View Single Post
Old October 7 2012, 11:45 AM   #358
Falcor5
Fleet Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dream wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
I know what their thought process is, the same as Paramount's was back in the mid-90's. But with a film, a video game, three seasons of TNG and one of Enterprise, they could quickly find themselves with a bunch of material sitting on shelves because there is simply too much of it. Then Star Trek Into Darkness will likely see a home video release somewhere between October and December.

I actually predicted that Enterprise would be released in between TNG season sets several months ago.
Keep in mind that all the Trek shows were released on season dvd sets very close to each other. The entire TNG series was released on dvd over one year. The dvds were also actually priced higher than the current Blu-Ray release. I don't think it will be a big deal.
Thats true but I dont think they have ever released two different shows to the home market at the same time. I think they always waited until one was completely released on DVD to start marketing and releasing the next one. This will be interesting and I think a first for Trek having two different Trek shows being released to the home market at the same time. The shows are so different it will probably be ok. Hopefully its not to much over saturation.
Falcor5 is offline   Reply With Quote