View Single Post
Old October 7 2012, 10:25 AM   #357
M
Vice Admiral

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
Glad you enjoyed the interview! I too would LOVE the score only tracks - I've received emails from several fans echoing the desire, so I hope that David, Ryan and the team will consider it for future releases, I agree it would be a WONDERFUL feature on the blus.
That's really good to hear! Considering how easy you can achieve this feature and what a huge added value it represents, I think they would really miss something if they didn't include it. It's a shame, though, that we likely won't see this feature until the season three release arrives.

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
Regarding the audio... that was a difficult one. I did have it in my original question list, but my time with Ryan & David was limited as they had a color-correction meeting they needed to get to so I just felt that the other questions I asked were more important to the fans (especially as the audio issue was resolved so quickly by CBS, complete with a heartfelt apology)...
I can understand that. They really resolved the issue very good. So there's really no reason to go on about it, I agree. And to be honest, I don't know if I would have asked them if I were the interviewer.

It's just that I'm very curious, from a technical point of view, how those mistakes could have happened. I mean, they're going on about how well the team works and how refined their process of remastering the video and the audio is, so that one gets naturally curious how this screw-up could have happened in this environment.

A lot of people think (understandably so), that anyone who would have actually checked the faulty discs would have noticed the mistakes. So why didn't they. It's not something I hold against them. It's just something I'm very curious about.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote