View Single Post
Old October 7 2012, 08:27 AM   #93
Jimi_James
Lieutenant Commander

View Jimi_James's Twitter Profile
Re: Last Resort was Awesome.

I was considerably less entertained by this episode. The arrival of the Russians was a nice twist, but overall the episode felt incredibly short, as though it was just thirty minutes of set up that never delivered in a final brief burst of action.

There's something to be said for taking your time and building up your story, but in these crucial first episodes which increasingly serve to decide a shows ultimate fate, why would you hold back anything, most importantly the pace. You've got a specific amount of time to get your story across and less than that to hook an audience, so pack every minute with story.

I'm not saying it needs to be non stop guns blazing action, but more needs to be going on than what the second episode gave us. We should have seen more with the missing crew members already and there should definitely be some other characters in play native to the island other than the bar girl.

My YouTube Gaming Channel
Jimi_James is offline   Reply With Quote