View Single Post
Old October 7 2012, 05:01 AM   #92
degra
Fleet Captain

Re: Last Resort was Awesome.

Well I've watched a lot of shows over my lifetime--the premise can be rocky and the writing weak at first but if the cast and characters arent ones I care about in the first ep or so it pretty much torpedoes the show for me and honestly beyond Andre/Chaplin the rest are bland as can be. Plus these limited premise type shows--based on their track records--never get better--believe me I've learned that lesson after sitting through the likes of post Season one Heroes, Fringe, Alcatraz, The Event, Surface, Flash Forward etc. I don't know why every new series that has come out in the last decade has to be a mini-series drawn out.

It might have been true of shows in the past like TNG where it had a rough start and improved but that simply doesnt seem to be the case anymore.

I've been revisiting earlier series since nothing on now is compelling and the one thing I liked was the way they would focus on the characters even if the storylines werent serialized or very good so that when they did become more sophisticated the characters were already well established and involving rather than the way they are treated nowadays as mere plot devices within some overly complicated epic that just spins their wheels.
degra is offline   Reply With Quote