View Single Post
Old October 7 2012, 03:38 AM   #231
Locutus of Bored
The Author of All Your Pain

Re: The Revolution pilot is online now...

stj wrote: View Post
^^^Guilty conscience? The show's storyline is very much about the in-universe politics.

... I didn't know you were a writer on the show but since you are taking personal offense, you must be.
The show's storyline is, absolutely. I was talking about the speculation put forth by the people in this thread, however.

All of the issues you raised (nanotechnology, creating the militia to reestablish order) were things I mentioned in my previous posts. The showrunners have been deliberately vague and haven't mentioned anything about nanotechnology or any other "handwaving" mechanism behind the blackout as far as I am aware, so the criticism seemed directed at me specifically. If it was not, then I apologize for misreading your meaning.
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote