View Single Post
Old October 6 2012, 11:12 PM   #351
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dream wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
They need to be careful putting too much Trek out at one time. We're already getting three seasons of TNG in 2013, adding Enterprise to the list isn't a good idea. As big a fan as I am, I'm only going to spend so many dollars on Trek regardless of how much is released.
I think CBS want to strike while the iron is hot, considering TNG remastered is selling so well and STXII is coming out next summer. ENT is something they could whip up very quickly in HD unlike DS9 or VOY.
I know what their thought process is, the same as Paramount's was back in the mid-90's. But with a film, a video game, three seasons of TNG and one of Enterprise, they could quickly find themselves with a bunch of material sitting on shelves because there is simply too much of it. Then Star Trek Into Darkness will likely see a home video release somewhere between October and December.

I actually predicted that Enterprise would be released in between TNG season sets several months ago.