View Single Post
Old October 6 2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Christopher
Writer

Re: Does this superhero team exist?

Well, there was the "Council of Reeds" from Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four run, an assembly of the various incarnations of Reed Richards from across the multiverse, but I think they turned out to be more villains than heroes. (EDIT: Oops, beat me to it.)

And I can think of two times it's been done in animation: in the concluding "Spider Wars" storyline of the '90s Spider-Man animated series, a team of alternate-timeline versions of Spidey/Peter were brought together to save the multiverse, and in "Game Over for Owlman!" on Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Batman defeated the evil-twin mirror-universe counterparts of the Justice League by recruiting a team of alternate Batmen from multiple realities. The video game Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions also has a team of multiple Spideys from four different timelines/eras.

I'm not sure if this quite counts, but there were a number of Wonder Woman comics from the '40s or '50s that told "imaginary stories" teaming Wonder Woman up with her younger selves Wonder Girl and Wonder Tot -- which led to some confusion when the writer of a different comic thought Wonder Girl was a separate person from Wonder Woman and started writing her into present-day, canonical stories. So they had to retcon her into a distinct character and it got kind of messy from there.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote