View Single Post
Old October 5 2012, 08:24 PM   #26
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Re: Can you raise only one eyebrow?

^ I can rotate my wrists 360 degrees. People find it entertaining (not to mention a little distressing) when I put my hand flat on a table and turn it in a complete circle.

Aiding this is the fact that the rest of my arm is twisting as well, which is what gives the hand its range. But it means that by the time the hand has rotated 360, the elbow has only done 180. It still bends normally, but it's facing the opposite direction from normal. THAT is what people really find distressing.

I can do it with either hand, but it's painful to do both at the same time.

macghoul wrote: View Post
I can to raise my left eyebrow a bit, but as I wear glasses it's usually a pointless exercise as no one can see my party trick.

Edit: If I take my glasses off I walk into walls, so it's not worth it.
But that that will go over big at parties too. Do it!

Kestra wrote: View Post
Yeah, I can raise each eyebrow separately. I taught myself how to do it when I was a teenager or something, with one eyebrow.
I taught myself to raise my right eyebrow and also to wiggle my ears when I was a teenager. But the ear-wiggling requires a lot of concentration to do at all, and they don't wiggle that much, and other features tend to move at the same time. Probably because I don't practice that anywhere near as often as I practice the eyebrow.

That was almost 30 years ago. Once I made the breakthrough with the right eyebrow, I wasn't motivated to do the left. I don't know if I could learn it now or not.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote