View Single Post
Old October 5 2012, 07:37 PM   #338
SoM
Commander

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Grant wrote: View Post
Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Grant wrote: View Post
Today Oct 4, the BBFC listed two supplements for season two---audio commentaries for 'Q Who' And 'Measure of a man'

'Measure runs 57min in the UK speeded video system, so right about 60 minutes in length (or 15 min longer than the standard episodes.

'Q Who' was the usual 45 min.

More supplements will no doubt be added to their site in coming days.
Thanks for pointing that out. Though, I suspect that the actual running time of the extended "Measure" is exactly what the BBFC states -- that is, 57:31 -- even though they have that proviso about a 4% PAL speedup at the bottom of the page. The reason I think this is because the Star Trek: TNG Blu-ray's are the same 24fps everywhere in the world... so PAL speed isn't an issue.

So it's almost exactly 12 minutes longer than the broadcast version. I'm sure the "hybrid extended cut" is longer, however.
Interesting. The movies usually ARE sped up by 4%--wonder why the TV show is not.
Blu-Ray. The international Blu-Ray spec includes 24p, so they don't change it (annoyingly, it doesn't include *25p* or 50i. The latter's basically UK-only, and I don't think there's a 25p spec at all. This leads to some badly smeared standards-converted Blu-Rays of UK material like Doctor Who to make them 24p so they only need one worldwide version...).

OTOH, a DVD release *would* be sped up.
SoM is offline   Reply With Quote