View Single Post
Old October 5 2012, 07:33 PM   #55
TrekkieMonster
Commodore

Re: UT:TFV - Part II - Scorched Earths

YAY! More Gibraltar/Europa (I will refrain from adding "finally").

Yet another great entry. I love how you build the anticipation - and import - of Shanthi's revelation indirectly, using Lar'ragos as the perspective. And the revelation, itself, has me very excited because I know it means we're getting close to what promises to be a very exciting (if not happy) reunion.

That is only going to make it all the more "explosive" and surprising when they discover the truth.

Also, I enjoyed how you're allowing the Amon "hangover" to continue affording Sandhurst certain extraordinary abilities. I'm very excited to see what he comes up with here but ..., am I merely projecting my own anxieties, or do I have reason to suspect (or fear) that his new found enhanced understanding may be a fleeting and fragile thing, not unlike McCoy's education from "The Teacher" in "Spock's Brain"? And yes, I'm as surprised as anyone to hear myself suggesting that any kind of literary significance or inspiration might be drawn by anyone from that episode. But, it would have the possibility of adding still more tension and drama.

As always, I'm very much looking forward to your next installment.