View Single Post
Old October 5 2012, 07:10 PM   #76
Locutus of Bored
The Locutest One of All

Re: Last Resort was Awesome.

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
I'm really enjoying the show so far. A nicely audacious premise, with plenty of chewy subplots and character dynamics to play with. I wish it wasn't on at the same time as BIG BANG THEORY and VAMPIRE DIARIES, though. My DVR can only handle two shows at a time . . . .

(I may have to ditch VD and catch up with it on the reruns . . . .)
Does your cable or satellite provider have a Primetime On Demand channel? On Time Warner Cable the networks have the previous few weeks of episodes of most of their major shows available with little or no commercials the day after they air. Might be worth checking the On Demand listings to see if you have that.

As far as this episode goes, I thought it was another strong showing. When they said the special forces team was coming in, I did not expect that twist that it would be the Russian Spetsnaz. That certainly complicates things with other world powers getting in on the action, and leaves the door open for a greater variety of interesting plotlines in the future.
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote