View Single Post
Old October 5 2012, 04:25 PM   #54
horatio83
Commodore

Re: First Presidential Debate

Drago-Kazov wrote: View Post
KimM wrote: View Post
Imagine how he would feel about bailing out Spain, Greece or the rest of the EEU.
At some point these countries have to step up and make structural adjustments, they cannot live on bailouts forever.
I do not think that this comparison is valid as such a mess could never occur in the US. Unlike the ECB the Fed would immediately indirectly finance the respective state if it had to face high interests rates on its bonds and were about to becomes bankrupt.
But of course the Republicans have recently demonstrated that they are willing to fuck up public finances in the name of fiscal conservatism in order to implement their agenda (which has of course nothing to do with balancing the budget but reducing taxes on the rich, increasing military spending and so on).
If I did not know for whom I should vote the last year's republican irresponsible balanced budget amendment nonsense which threatened to freeze public expenditures and basically make the state collapse would suffice to convince me to not vote for some Joker in the White House who does not mind to see the world burn.