View Single Post
Old October 4 2012, 11:40 PM   #66
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Looper - Grade, Review, Discuss, ect.

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
My assertion was that this started as a short film, and the core of that film was not about family and a look violence and raising kids right, as you say, but was about the Looper concept and the idea of meeting and having to kill your future self. That was the core, and the citation I provided proved it. Sorry.. he added the other stuff to it to make a more rounded screenplay.

Even watching the movie you can feel the padding the stretchmarks, and the shift in focus.
I took issue with your original assertion that the writer/producer was forced by outside interference to pad out his script. This clearly did not happen. You were wrong.

The rest is just you trying to backtrack in order to save face.

No kidding the script began as the looper concept, but you asserted that everything else was added just to pad it out to feature length, as if the writer/director never intended to do so and only did it because of studio interference or whatever your explanation is.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote