View Single Post
Old October 4 2012, 11:20 PM   #109
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: The Genesis planet...

beamMe wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post

And it would still have to travel a ways to get to Regula. Or did you forget that while the nebula is visible from Regula, the planet was not visible from as close to the Nebula as they were before going in.
And we don't see the explosion contracting again to form a planet - this still doesn't shake your interpretation.
Actually I could have sworn it does that in the director's cut.

Either way the planet seems molten at first which is more in line the planet having formed instead of being changed by the genesis device.

Besides its not just MY interpretation last time I checked, the tie-in guys seem to believe this interpretation as well. heck its been pointed out that the script writers may share this interpretation and I have yet to see more than one or two people believe your interpretation.

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Oh and as for

beamMe wrote:
It doesn't introduce some new properties of Genesis, that were never stated in the movie anyway.
They never said the wave could magically fly through space to find a planet to change, where as they said it could change an equal mass into living mater which in making a planet is a bit of a stretch but still possibly with in the abilities of the device. One (your point) is something that goes against how the device was shown to operate while another (not your point) is a stretch of an established ability of the device.
What we've seen of the abilities of the device, is how it's introduce into an already existing planetary/planetoid body and that it re-forms that.
Yeah, and we haven't seen any evidence that the genesis wave can expand the distance of a good chunk of a star system to reach a planet and still change it.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote