View Single Post
Old October 4 2012, 10:49 PM   #307
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
Jefferies wrote: View Post
Cheers mate! Great interview and really informative I was surprised at how candidly the execs spoke about the project.

One of the things they said was that CBS asked them to release the following amount of seasons per year: 2, 3, 2. Does that mean we are getting 3 seasons released in 2013 and will have them all by christmas 2014? Also given this schedule will they continue to work with two teams after season 2 is released?
That's the plan, yes! Seasons 3, 4 and 5 next year followed by 6 and 7 in 2014.

The seasons are divided between the two teams, CBS Digital have the odd numbers, HTV Illuminate have the evens.

Glad you enjoyed it! Some GREAT stuff coming up from Ryan & David!
I'm glad next year might be a 3 season year. It would seem to me that the more recent they get, the easier the task becomes (Not to mention the know-how to actually do it) but they really seem committed to bringing out the best possible product (Even with the audio issues). Still, it will be great that we don't have to wait till 2015 to get the entire series again and things might speed up.

Just curious, are you going to get into the special features conversation at all, like putting together the TNG documentary? I ask because if there was one thing that slightly disappointed me about the last interview is there was really no talk about the extras. Don't get me wrong, I loved the last interview, but if these guys are overseeing the entire project, will it be more general based questions?