View Single Post
Old October 4 2012, 09:29 PM   #59
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Re: Looper - Grade, Review, Discuss, ect.

I don't care what the director said in his own words. If the film is truly about what he said it was about, the trailers wouldn't be dwelling on the high-concept looper hook. I am a writer and know a little bit about how ideas often form. I'm not saying I know for sure, but my gut instinct - and an honest evaluation of the film we were given - has brought me to the conclusion. It;s one thing to cite whatever you want for the sake of defending a viewpoint, but it's another thing altogether to allow yourself to be honest and clear your mind and consider what was really there.

I use the same argument with the Dark Knight Rises the people that praise it to the level of the Dark Knight are simply not being honest with themselves. They can't buy Bruce being able to function as Batman with no cartilage is leg in a superhero film that attempts to be at all realistic. They don't like the plotholes (such as how Bruce got back into the city) or the mysterious science (punching a broken back to heal it, et) in a film series that was more grounded in story, drama, and morality. I wish those people were honest with themselves and wouldn't blindly praise something that clearly doesn't merit accolades.