View Single Post
Old October 4 2012, 03:21 AM   #63
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: Is nuWho too complicated for newbies?

1001001 wrote: View Post
My 9 year old son started to get into Doctor Who last year. He would sit down while I was watching, quietly at first. Then he'd start to ask questions.

So we TiVo'd all of last season to watch again before the new season started (we've only watched Asylum of the Daleks). There's definitely a lot of pausing and trying to explain. It's challenging, because I don't always understand it.

But yet, he is a total fan now. He loves it, even if he doesn't always "get it". And I think that's very cool. Maybe it's okay to just go along for the ride sometimes?

To give you an idea of how much he has come to love the show, I was on a business trip recently. When I came home, he told me he had made something for me. Here it is:

The scan didn't come out great, but I think you get the idea. It's all there. You can see The Silence on the left, and the robot doctor on the right is saying "This is a kindness".

*SNIFF* You're raisin' the Boy Right, and how cool to get such an enthusiastic response, and one he wanted to impress you and make you feel special with

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote