View Single Post
Old October 3 2012, 10:52 PM   #87
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Re: Best Audio Book?

Well I've caught up with all the 6th Doctor adventures I have, and have started in on the 8th Doctor stories.
I have to admit I skipped over the whole alternate universe Eight adventures. To be honest, that sort of messing with the universe just doesn't appeal to me. I really just like old fashioned type adventures if that makes any sense. So when they writers try to twist the characters, or get experimental I usually tune out. I just skipped out halfway through Terror Firma for just that reason. The way the story jumped from one scne to another just got annoying. So I guess its on to the next one.

Sindatur wrote: View Post

Eh, not like it's always easy for someone else to find the thread, it's kind of old, and drifts off the first page, and at the time I started the thread, I wasn't familiar with the Concept of Audio Plays versus Audio Books, so, it's not even titled well for a friendly search The suggestions have guided me to some incredible listening though. I do really like McGann, and I like what I've heard of C. Baker.
Yeah, the thread title is what got me. When I think Audio Book, I think of a recording of someone reading an actual book. And to be honest, having read a fair number of old Target books, and one New Adventures title, I've never been a fan of DW fiction.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote