View Single Post
Old October 3 2012, 10:38 PM   #126
Foxhot
Commodore

Re: The Top 40 Male Film Lead Actors of all Time

The irony of it all is that he's earned more money and received more mainstream popularity than before through MEET THE PARENTS trilogy and other comedies. When I saw his name listed in the ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE cast I too wanted to get off after stopping the world, TAXI DRIVER in-joke or not. God knows there have been other actors in his present situation. If Scorsese would skip DiCaprio for one or two of his projects, maybe they could reteam for something special. I'm sure DeNiro would still be prolific at dramatic roles if Hollywood still was. They claim dramas in general make far less money, so except for September through December they virtually stop making them. It's more a combination of ageism and anti-drama buck-chasing than DeNiro himself, I think.

And he's one of the select few who excels in pretty much all five major categories mentioned earlier.

After Number Two is revealed within the next 24 hours I'll list several actors who were passed over but deserving of honorable mention....and then, a day or two later, the winner. After that will come the explanation of how some were chosen over others.
Foxhot is offline   Reply With Quote