View Single Post
Old October 3 2012, 07:18 PM   #393
Qutluch
Commander

Re: My first voyage with Voyager

Mareika wrote: View Post
Qutluch wrote: View Post
Resolutions
Favorite part: The whole episode. I am a big fan. Beltran actually gets a chance to act, and he is obviously more comfortable with the role of leading man, and we get to see Janeway as Janeway; not the Captain! They have great clothes, props, etc. The acting was superb and there were many subtle physical actions that really spiced up the scenes. It was also an interesting follow up to Tuvix. In Tuvix Janeway kind of gives in to her emotions when she decides to save Tuvok and Neelix and in this episode Tuvok does the same. It was an emotional decision to some degree. It may have been a bit of a common sense, based on the crews’ well-being mumbo jumbo, but in the end it was based on a feeling. He disobeyed; Tuvok disobeyed Janeway in order to save her and Chakotay even though he was rather certain they were falling into a trap. Is Tuvok’s decision correct, or by the same arguments did he fail even though it resulted in a happy ending—(for everyone but Chakotay).
I`m glad you liked it.
I love Resolutions. It`s one of my alltime favorites. Janeway and Chakotay are great together and the angry warrior speach is very touching.

Every time I watch it I`m thinking of two things
Kate Mulgrew on "Resolutions" at CREATION 17-18 AUGUST 1996, NOVI, MICHIGAN:

During the original first take of the "Resolutions"angry warrior scene, Kate cried profusely because Chakotay's speech toJaneway was so beautiful. The director had her tone it down for the finaltake. Kate feels that the commitment Chakotay declared for Janeway is such a beautiful sentiment that it would make anyone cry. She called her co-star "my divine Robert Beltran" and said that one night after shooting very late, she found him standing outside staring out at the stars. He told her he was thinking of trying prayer on a mystic level. At this, she looked athim dreamily and said, "Will you marry me?"
It`s from this site
http://www.littlereview.com/kmas/nowvoy12.txt

and 2.
the alternate end of Resolutions" with a kiss between Janeway and Chakotay.
Thank you! I am so happy to hear a positive review!