View Single Post
Old October 3 2012, 04:09 PM   #93
iguana_tonante
Admiral

Re: officers are called 'sir'

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
There's nothing wrong with feeling pride about your nation when you are a citizen of a great nation, such as most Western nations and many Eastern ones. Conversely, if you are a member of a bad nation you SHOULD feel shame at the fact.
Lulz. Good nations? Bad nations? What is this, elementary school? I guess US good, Germany bad, right? What about France? Meh? And the UK? They were baddies, but now they are buddies. So I guess... so-so? Wait, wait! Riddle me this: Gabon. Good or bad?

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Oh, and horatio, the only reason keyboard philosophers (You know the type...) are able to sit and badmouth great nations and the militaries that protect them (and sometimes entire ungrateful foreign nations) is because better men (and women) than they were willing to offer their time, effort, and even lives if necessary in their defense.
Stay classy. But what should I expect from an ungrateful American? If it wasn't for Christoper Columbus, you'd be all speaking Injun!

(To anybody who's not Ian Keldon: I hope paradoxical intent is clear in my post. No offence intended. Well, except against boorish jingoism: in that case, the offence is fully intended.)