View Single Post
Old October 3 2012, 07:34 AM   #85
los2188
Commander

Re: The Genesis planet...

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
I'm reminded of my post in a similar debate over in ST XI- :

http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?...3&postcount=66
I read your past post and I do agree with you wholeheartedly, but to me, the debates are what makes this such a great website for me. I love reading people's points and opinions, as long as people aren't mean about it, from the colour of uniforms, to the importance of the prime directive, but I do agree with you.

I do have one other question. I keep reading about how the genesis device is supposed to be aimed at a lifeless planet and presumably fired on said lifeless planet. Was the device set up like a missile or torpedo or something? If so, wouldn't it just be destroyed and pretty much rendered non effective? My thoughts have always been that it's time coded so it could be beamed down to the planet, set to detonate, and then you have 4 minutes to get away at a safe distance which would work given transporters and warp speed. Did any of that make any sense?