View Single Post
Old October 3 2012, 05:41 AM   #12
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Clarke: Am I In The Movie?

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
Well then, I'm glad he's not pinning his hopes on being in the fillm.
Who knows how he feels? Not every actor is a fan of Star Trek, or even of movies. They act to work, get paid, go home, then onto the next audition and hopefully the next job.
I supposed only he and anyone he talks to about his feelings knows how he feels. Based off of the quotes in the article, it does not appear that he'll be devastated if he's cut. I'd imagine that no one wants their work to end up on the cutting room floor, but that's the business, as you've mentioned.

Too bad, though. I'm always in favor of just making the film longer...
Longer stories are not necessarily better stories. Nothing worse that a good film slowed down by extraneous, gratuitous scenes that end up doing absolutely nothing to advance the plot.
Aaand that's why I said (and you cut that part out of my quote) that I can understand that that's not always possible. I said that for the very reason that sometimes length can interfere with quality, and then also, sometimes there are budget constraints that don't allow for it either. Conversely, nothing's worse than a 90 minute film that really needed to be 2 or even 2 1/2 hours long to do the story justice.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote