Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old October 3 2012, 01:14 AM   #1667
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

Demiurge wrote: View Post
Ah, understood. Yes, I see what you are getting at. My take is a bit different, though I can see how you can look at it a different way.

The Crucible unlocked the Catalyst, basically inserting code into it that allowed the choices before you.

Getting the Crucible to the Citadel was what caused the elevator to come down.

Prior to that, the Intellect/Catalyst was there, but wasn't going to let you in.
Well yeah, I guess that could also work.

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
That's likely the story direction they will take (i.e., concurrent with the trilogy or pre-trilogy), and it's the one Casey Hudson mused about before ME3 even shipped.
It depends on whether they're listening to the fans - that idea frequently comes up in speculation at BSN, but always gets shot down pretty quickly, along with the prequal idea.

I suspect that after the shitstorm over the ending of ME3 they'll probably end up playing safe with the next one.

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Of course they could also pull a minor recont. that keeps the Geth and EDI in play if they want to.
Well they could still come out and say that Indoctrination Theory was right all along.

Evil Twin wrote: View Post
Just read through the patch notes. Most of it's multiplayer stuff I don't give a shit about, however...
- Fixed an issue with Ken/Gabby and Tali/Garrus ambient dialogues not triggering in Normandy engineering
Hooray!
Yeah, Gamble and Priestly were bigging this up on Monday - saw the release notes and there's little there to get excited about on the surface of it, although they are saying that it's also putting something in to accomodate future DLC - make of that what you will.