Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old October 2 2012, 05:43 PM   #1655
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

The end to ME3 was just a clusterfuck.

The Reaper cycle effectively came down to "Synthetic Reapers harvest organic species in order to save them from being wiped out by Synthetics in the future".....erm, right.

The end didn't really sit too well with me - why on earth would you be taking advice from the enemy CinC?

Plus, whichever way you went you were left with the feeling that you'd only 'won' because the enemy let you win.

Control - the choice itself comes just moments after you'd argued against TIM and his desire to control the Reapers. Minutes later though, it's not a problem?

Synthesis - No chance. In a moment you're signing up to changing all organic life in the galaxy at a cellular level without anyone's consent.

Destroy - the best of a bad bunch. Although technically a win, it comes at the cost of carrying out genocide against the Geth.

Refuse - well, refuse is just Bioware showing us the middle finger for daring to not like the original endings.

Plus the 'breath' scene at the end of 'Destroy+' really pissed me off. FFS, it's the end of Shepard's story - you've said countless times that he/she won't be in the next game -why would you possibly end that story with a scene like that?! Either kill the character, or don't, but don't leave us in limbo! According to Chris Priestly we're supposed to head canon our own ending. Well, after 5 years, and hundreds of hours playing the character, thanks for letting me pay 40 for the privilege of imagining my own ending.....

Suffice to say, I was not impressed.......