View Single Post
Old October 2 2012, 05:06 PM   #78
{ Emilia }
Rear Admiral

Re: Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Christopher wrote: View Post
And frankly I feel that you're the one who's condescending to me and my entire profession by talking as though just because something is fictional, it's an excuse to be lazy and sloppy. It shows gross ignorance for what being a writer actually means, and is frankly rather insulting, so I think I'm entitled to point out to you that you don't know what the hell you're talking about when it comes to what I do for a living.
I'm going to ignore the overly dramatic tone and just address one point:

I don't think that having the cases mirror their personal stories as a subtext is "sloppy writing". I explained why people who like the character-driven part of the show and don't care much about the murder cases actually like that. It makes the cases interesting to people who don't like cop shows.

You are the one who thinks it's sloppy writing because you've got a pretty narrow view on how fiction should be written (with a heavy focus on plot.). So because the writers are doing something you don't like, and I defend it because my focus is different you accuse me of insulting writers by embracing sloppy writing? Give me a break.

Last edited by { Emilia }; October 2 2012 at 05:23 PM.
{ Emilia } is offline   Reply With Quote