View Single Post
Old October 2 2012, 04:39 AM   #56
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Re: If you were on the Enterprise D, what would you do?

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Deks wrote: View Post
Take a portable laptop containing majority if not most of the specifications on numerous technologies and specific instructions on how to recreate them with todays technology.
yenny wrote: View Post
I would move the ship to keep any Earth governments from sending a man spaceship up and try to board the ship. One thing you don't want, is to have someone during this time period to get a hold of a Federation ship like the Enterprise.
I would mine the Enterprise for technology and bring it to Earth, what I introduced (and didn't) would be pretty subjective on my part admittedly. Medical advances would come first. Followed closely by power production technology, not antimatter, but working fusion reactor designs that could be reproduced on Earth. See if the Enterprise's life support technology could be up-scaled to clean the environment, have it available to industrial plants so that their discharge would be environmentally neutral. Cheap water desalinization.

Phaser technology to disintegrate land fills, nuclear and toxic waste. As much as possible, deliberately make phaser tech "bulky" to slow it's introduction onto battlefields (wouldn't stop it in time).

Stuff in the main computer memory would be historically interesting.

I like these ideas.

Vito Corleone wrote: View Post
huge list
Why is this individual's username red?

As for what I'd do... First thing, I'd make sure Data's cat was okay... and find out, once and for all, whether it's male or female, or if Data just had more than one cat and absolutely NO imagination when it comes to names!

Second thing... I'd ask the transporter to beam up Stephen Harper and the idiots currently running Canada... and then forget to rematerialize them.

Other people took some of the really good ideas, so I won't repeat them.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote