View Single Post
Old October 1 2012, 04:35 PM   #253
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
As I pointed out later in the thread, both the Doctor and the Ponds were both looking for a way out of the relationship they had, and they both knew that there was little they could do to make that happen.

This solved that problem for all three of them. The moment the Doctor realized that the Ponds lived a long and happy life together, that was that. The dangers inherent to trying to "rescue" them far and away exceeded the actual desire to do so.
I agree with this.

I actually think that there's nothing that would prevent the Doctor from visiting them. But the technobabble gives a good reason for him not to.

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
The unfortunate thing now is that the Doctor has no idea where Amy and Rory are. There's nothing to say that their older selves won't try and track him down at some point. We don't know how old Amy was when she wrote the Afterward; for all we know the Doctor pops up just as she finishes it.
They must have been sent to the 1890s.

Rory's part of the tombstone didn't change from the beginning of the episode to the end. Thus, he had always died in 1938 and eliminating the Angel Farm didn't change that. If he was 82 in 1938 and he was in his mid- to late-thirties in present, then working back forty-five years, give or take five on either side, he'd have landed in 1893.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote