^ As am I.
273. Easy Virtue
(✩✩✩) - DVD
- A worldly and rebellious young woman (by 1920s standards) marries a young man and when he takes her back to meet his parents, his mother takes a strong disliking to her. Stars Jessica Biel. This one is based on a play that was previously made into a silent movie in 1928 by Alfred Hitchcock. It wasn't the best, but I enjoyed seeing Biel in a period piece. I also liked that the movie included modern songs sung with a faux 1920s jazz style. One of the songs is called Sexbomb
and another is a rendition of the Billy Ocean hit "When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going"
, sung by the movie's stars Jessica Biel and Ben Barnes along with the Easy Virtue Orchestra.
Here it is...
274. The Bounty Hunter
(✩✩½) - DVD
- A bounty hunter is hired to find and bring in his ex wife who skipped out on a court appearance. Stars Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler. A poor romantic comedy, I thought.
275. Say Anything...
(✩✩✩) - Live TV
- I decided to check this out because of the iconic image of John Cusack holding that boom box over his head. I wanted to see what all the hype was about.
In the end though, I found this to be an average film that gets a little better toward the end. Not as good as John Hughes' coming of age movies of the same era.
(✩✩✩½) - Theatre
- Good scifi film that had more story and twists than I was expecting. More discussion here
(✩✩✩) - Live TV
- Saw this Angelina Jolie spy thriller the other night. It's your typical star vehicle, but the story does have a lot of great twists and developments despite a predictable ending. Plus, Jolie does action pretty well. A sequel was planned. Don't know if it'll happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing where things go from where they left off.
Live TV: 110
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 40