View Single Post
Old October 1 2012, 06:20 AM   #1059
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

^ As am I.

273. Easy Virtue (✩✩✩) - DVD - A worldly and rebellious young woman (by 1920s standards) marries a young man and when he takes her back to meet his parents, his mother takes a strong disliking to her. Stars Jessica Biel. This one is based on a play that was previously made into a silent movie in 1928 by Alfred Hitchcock. It wasn't the best, but I enjoyed seeing Biel in a period piece. I also liked that the movie included modern songs sung with a faux 1920s jazz style. One of the songs is called Sexbomb and another is a rendition of the Billy Ocean hit "When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going", sung by the movie's stars Jessica Biel and Ben Barnes along with the Easy Virtue Orchestra.

Here it is...

274. The Bounty Hunter (✩✩½) - DVD - A bounty hunter is hired to find and bring in his ex wife who skipped out on a court appearance. Stars Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler. A poor romantic comedy, I thought.

275. Say Anything... (✩✩✩) - Live TV - I decided to check this out because of the iconic image of John Cusack holding that boom box over his head. I wanted to see what all the hype was about.

In the end though, I found this to be an average film that gets a little better toward the end. Not as good as John Hughes' coming of age movies of the same era.

276. Looper (✩✩✩½) - Theatre - Good scifi film that had more story and twists than I was expecting. More discussion here.

277. Salt (✩✩✩) - Live TV - Saw this Angelina Jolie spy thriller the other night. It's your typical star vehicle, but the story does have a lot of great twists and developments despite a predictable ending. Plus, Jolie does action pretty well. A sequel was planned. Don't know if it'll happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing where things go from where they left off.

Theatre: 17
DVD/Blu-Ray: 101
Live TV: 110
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 40
Internet: 4
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote