View Single Post
Old October 1 2012, 02:50 AM   #290
Australis
Writer

Re: Lucy Liu cast as Watson in CBS' Sherlock Holmes show

stj wrote: View Post
The tensions between Miller's Holmes and Liu's Watson gave a slightly sour taste to the pilot. Unless "bland" more or less means that the Miller Holmes wasn't entertainingly kick-ass (too flawed in ordinary human ways, as opposed to the ludicrous BBC version,) the pilot wasn't bland. Or does "bland" mean lacking in scenes were the Hero delivers a devastating one-liner while the punching bags obligingly remain mute? Or worse, is the "bland" the same kind of difference as between a Honda and a BMW, which is to say, snob value?
Miller's Holmes is a little dull, a little, um, non mercurial, compared to Cumberbatch or even the original in the books.

I like Miller, really liked his show Eli Stone, but this is a little... it's the show I'll watch when I have nothing better to do.
"Ö Times change, and so must IÖ we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and thatís okay, thatís good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote