View Single Post
Old September 30 2012, 09:27 PM   #5246
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Batman Incorporated #0: To me this was the most disappointing of the zero issues, and one of the most pointless as well. I got the feeling while reading it that Morrison probably didn't even want to write this issue but was probably forced to. Plus we're plagued with art from Frazer Irving. No thank you. The most interesting bits to me were the Wayne Enterprises board scenes with Bruce pitching Batman, Inc to the board. Other than that this was just meh to me.

Aquaman #0: This on the otherhand was excellent. We focus on Arthur's backstory and are introduced to the New 52 version of Vulko and Atlantis...which looks simply gorgeous on that final splash page. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Atlantis storyline.

Superman #0: This actually pleasantly surprised me. Lobdell turned in a decent issue as we focus in on Jor-El and Lara who were portrayed brilliantly, Kenneth Bocafort's art is exceptional all throughout this issue. I loved his work on Paul Cornell's Action Comics run, so putting him on "Superman" was one of the rare good decisions DC has made on this book so far.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote