View Single Post
Old September 30 2012, 12:09 PM   #32
macghoul
I believe most sincerely

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macghoul
Re: Things found in your kitchen.

For a short while I sold Pampered Chef stuff, so I have quite a few little gadgets I hardly ever use as I needed them for my demos. I kept the melon baller, the strawberry husk remover, and the garlic press, though the one that sees any kind of regular use is just the garlic press. Other things like the apple corer were crap and were never used, so they've gone. I do a lot of cooking, so I use a lot of my gadgets, such as the jam/candy thermometer. I have a vegetable peeler but prefer to use knives. In fact, I always peel potatoes with a small paring knife.

By far my favourite kitchen toy is one that doesn't fit in a drawer: a Kenwood Chef Titanium. I use mine at least four times a week, if not more. I always bake my own bread, and I make pasta from scratch as well, using the pasta making attachment. As you can see from the price it's definitely not something you buy if you're not going to use it often! Other larger toys in my cramped little kitchen include a slow cooker and a pressure cooker, which are also used regularly. My kitchen may be a mess, but at least we eat well.