View Single Post
Old September 30 2012, 09:33 AM   #103
Plain Simple
Commodore

Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Unlike some here, I hadn't been keeping up with all the news and spoilers and whatnot, so I while I was aware that this would be the Ponds' last episode, I didn't know how it would happen. In the first few episodes of the series, they made it look like Amy and Rory would just choose to stop traveling with the Doctor, but the ending of last week's episode seemed to kill that option. Which made me hope it would be a double bluff and they would still go that (or a similar) route, but I thought this combined happy/sad ending worked well too.

Weeping Liberty worked well just for the visuals, but once you start thinking about it, it all falls apart. I guess that fits well with a time travel episode and an Angel episode (I never understand from an in-story pov, why the Angels don't move around more, even when no one's looking. I get it from a scary tv production pov, but there is usually no reason in the story itself).

Coincidentally I also finished watching all the classic Who available on Netflix just a few days ago, so I'll be going cold turkey now. I hope withdrawal is mild on me.

It's Tolkien, not Tolkein.
Plain Simple is offline   Reply With Quote