View Single Post
Old September 30 2012, 06:48 AM   #90
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Really liked the episode, even though I kind of knew that was how we were going to say goodbye to Amy and Rory. I think the thing I liked the most was the showing that Amy and Rory really do love each other deeply and it brought that relationship full circle. I do wish we got a scene with Rory's father though because in hindsight to the episode, Rory's father was kind of a meaningless character, other than to basically state at the end of the last episode what was going to happen to them.

As for the Angels, I really liked they were brought back to what they were like in Blink. They were scary, menacing, and one of the best villians the show has created, as far as me watching anyway going back to the Eccleston year.

I'm looking forward to the new companion. Amy and Rory had thier fun, but it's time to bring on someone new. I actually don't think Amy was the best companion, but she was worthy of the ones I've seen here. I actually do feel bad for Martha though. She was companion in what many consider a forgettable season (Even though I liked season 3 and the Master Arc that ended it and maybe I'm wrong with it being forgettable) but she does seem to be the only one who got the best deal after her experience with the Doctor.

Rose had to build an entirely new life on a new world but she did get the Doctor, or at least a version of him. Donna had her brain scrambled that even an association with the Doctor means she might die. Amy and Rory are not living in the past and while they had each other, all thier friends and family are gone or either still children. Martha on the other hand, joined Unit, is still living, and still has her friends and family on present day earth. If we include Jack here, I guess he had it good too with Torchwood, but considering he can't die, maybe that's a curse in disguise.

If I were to rank the companions from favorite to least favorite:

Donna
Rory
Rose
Captain Jack
Amy
Martha

Hopefully I'm not forgetting any.