View Single Post
Old September 29 2012, 08:51 AM   #76
Mage
Fleet Captain

Re: TP: Brinkmanship by Una McCormack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Halfway through now. I have to admit, I'm having some issues with picturing the Venetans.
I'm not hooked yet like I was with PoN/RtD which I couldn't put down. But that's not to say I'm not liking it. I'm getting this feeling that Una's working towards something, something ugly. Something bad. Things are only going downhill. Very curious to see where it's going to end.

Oh, and as for Ezri... still not liking the novelverse Ezri that much (give me Season 7 Ezri any day of the week), but she's not as annoying and selfrighteous as she was in previous novels. I'm holding of judgement untill the end of the novel, but I am hoping that Una will make Ezri likeable again for me.

Small little tidbit... Bowers is usually written as quite a stick-up-his-ass. He seems different in this one, even telling Alden (someone he JUST met) to call him Sam. Ofcourse, it's been over a year and half (in universe) since we last met Sam, so he could have changed, but he seems a lot less standing on ceremony and the chain of command sofar.