View Single Post
Old September 28 2012, 10:41 PM   #4
JD
Admiral

Re: Looper - Grade, Review, Discuss, ect.

I did get to see it this morning, and I loved it. It's a very interesting concept, that features some amazing performances, and is very well written and directed. It's not a big special effects extravaganza, but what is there is just enough to help build a very believable world for the story to take place. The performances from the entire cast were absolutely outstanding, with the three leads, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, and Emily Blunt, and the kid who play's Blunt's son doing an especially good job. I think the kid could easily go down in sci-fi history as one of the great creepy kids.
The story is also great, with some very interesting moments that really make you wonder. This was one where I wasn't exactly sure how is was going to end, and for me that is a very good thing. The directing and writing were outstanding, Rian Johnson is definitely going to be somebody to keep an eye on.
My Rating: Excellent.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote