View Single Post
Old September 28 2012, 10:28 PM   #30
horatio83
Commodore

Re: Insurrection as an episode...

Of course not, people would forcefully take it from them. And I'd be the first one to say that it is wrong. And I'd say it is wrong to relocate these people with the help of a bunch of thugs who help you fight a war. And I'd say it is wrong to not simply ask them and negotiate with them.
If you value something so much, pay the fucking price for it. First time I have to use bourgeois logic against imperialism but, well, I guess there is a first time for everything.

I am pretty sure that you would also be on my side when a bunch of mercenaries like Blackwater would claim that they have found a cure against AIDS on a small island in the Pacific Ocean, go in there and take it from them.
History is full of self-righteous people who rationalized their crimes with bullshit like serving the common good. It is not full of Robin Hoods and a political entity which corporates with a bunch of "petty thugs" to win a war is certainly not a Robin Hood who is interested in sharing their medical innovations with the entire quadrant or galaxy. Since "Journey to Babel" this has been perfectly clear, they will take it and keep it.