View Single Post
Old September 28 2012, 06:33 PM   #61
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Last Resort was Awesome.

Program has just started, I believe. Been about 10 months since it was first tried, but so far, so good. Just a couple boats tried so far, both Ohio-class. Generally gone along without any problems, and they're increasing the program.

So far, just the BN/GN subs, and not any attack subs at this point. More room to make accomodations for berthing, shower/head use, etc. Like gays in the military, expect this to be another issue that got a lot of play, but really just wasn't a big deal when actually implemented.

And they implied that the Colorado was in that pilot program in the show. The XO was doing a weekly "everything going well, no one's tried to be creepy or assault you?" debrief. So they're awknowledging that they are new to the program, which is a nice way of not having to have an ALL male cast.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote