View Single Post
Old September 28 2012, 04:14 PM   #10
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Re: Why Are So Few Statutory Rapes Prosecuted?

Scout101 wrote: View Post
{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
ETA: Don't wanna turn this into me supporting rape, or some sort of odd old guy/toddler fetish, just feel like there should be a bigger age gap before it's a legal issue. 15 year old and a 21 year old is wrong, but 70 year old banging a 21 year old is good for him? I know, consent, legal adult, etc, but funny how the first guy is a criminal and the 2nd a legend...
There's the whole adult vs. minor thing, you know?

Just sayin'.
Right, which is why I said I got it the first time. Guess I'm just not considering a big difference between the 15 year old and the 21 year old. Creepy at best, maybe, but not jail time and sex offender status. If he was 30, sure. Or maybe even 25? Guess there's a line somewhere, but at 6 years, feels like they're pretty damned close, and the age difference is close enough that it could be an older sibling's friend or whatever. Depending on circumstances, she could likely be more mature than he is

Again, not saying it's right, just that I think it should be a bigger spread before the police take over. I mean, either she's old enough to make decisions about sex, or she isn't. At 15, she's not capable of doing so, but on her 16th birthday, she gets a brain upgrade and is good to go? Hell, there are 30-year olds that aren't ready to have sex, so clearly it's a fuzzy line and people mature at their own pace.
Go cougars

We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched