View Single Post
Old September 28 2012, 06:14 AM   #53
SG-17
Commodore

Re: Last Resort was Awesome.

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post

No big deal, though, right? It's not like 200-miles off of Washington DC is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world or anything. It's not like it's going to be pouring radioactive rain on the East Coast or irradiate the fish supply. It's not like whales travel through there. The guy should have gotten an honorary "Fuck the Whales" t-shirt to wear at his murder trial for the hundreds or thousands of recreational boaters, fishermen, and cargo ship sailors he probably killed and all the people on the East Coast he's giving cancer to for the next couple of decades.
The trade winds would carry any fallout from a 200 mile offshore underwater detonation over the Atlantic and it is very unlikely that any radioactive rain would fall on land. Certainly none on the East Coast of the United States.

The Trident II can carry 1.9 megatons of Mark V MIRV warheads or 800 kiltons of Mark IV MIRV warheads. Relatively small.

I really enjoyed this pilot. It is the first non-science fiction network show I've decided to watch since House.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote