View Single Post
Old September 28 2012, 03:21 AM   #87
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Delsaber wrote: View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Patrick Stewart was on Dan Harmon's shortlist to play Pierce. That almost certainly would've turned out better for everyone. Even Chevy Chase, apparently, if this is really his attitude about the show.
Man, that would have been awesome.

I know it's not going to happen, but it would be funny if they just replaced Chase with Stewart as Pierce and didn't even acknowledge the difference; just have everyone be oblivious to the change in appearance and accent except Abed (but no one takes him seriously when he brings it up). You could even have Abed say he looks like Patrick Stewart, Picard, or Professor Xavier so they think he's just mixing up reality and fantasy again.
Oooh.. Stewart would have been excellent!

Coincidentally last nights episode of the Daily Show had him in a comedy bit.. totally was not expecting him on the show as anything but a guest to be interviewed and i laughed my ass off and clapped.. awesome!

As to the replacement idea.. pretty good and has also been done on Roseanne way back in the 90s when they replaced one of the daughters with Sarah Chalke (of Scrubs fame later on) and when they went back to the original actress had quite a bit of fun pointing it out in a *winkwink* style.. was very funny.