View Single Post
Old September 28 2012, 12:50 AM   #83
tighr
Commodore

Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
tighr wrote: View Post
Whenever anyone tells me they don't like Community, I just have them watch season 1's Modern Warfare (the paintball episode). It was probably the first episode of Community that really drove home the whole style of the show.
That's a good one. But, personally, if I'm trying to sell a geek audience on the merits of the show, I start with "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons." I love the bit where they have to seduce the elf to get a pegasus.
Oh, absolutely. One of the best episodes of the show. The reason I pointed out Modern Warfare was because it was a season 1 episode, though.

Coincidentally, its one of the ones I was referring to where its obvious Chase filmed his scenes seperately (another forum I'm on had someone who visited the set when they were filming the D&D episode, and Chase was nowhere to be found.) Even the scenes at the begining of the episode where he is sitting at the table were filmed separately (there are few, if any, in-camera shots of Chase with the other castmembers). I think he's repeatedly stormed offset. Harmon even mentioned in an interview that Chase ruined the season finale by not showing up for work the last day, and he had a planned scene for the end of the episode that had to be cut. Unfortunately for Dan Harmon, he was fired from the show shortly afterwards.