View Single Post
Old September 27 2012, 10:25 PM   #72
Locutus of Bored
No Solicitors!

Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
I responded to tighr's post. I know it's fair and common to simply accuse me of trolling instead of trying to see my point, so I attempted to explain myself better for him.

I like how you disrespectfully gloss over my main point with the use of a thread bomb.
Yes, I know you were responding to tighr's post, but you criticized things I said again, hence my response.

And I didn't gloss over your main point at all, I addressed it in the next paragraph after the threadbomb.

As far as the Chase Masterson situation vis--vis the board rules, it's something you've been told a hundred times here by half the staff and you never accept it, so what point is there is rehashing it again? There are different rules for people who post here than there are for those who don't. It would be unrealistic and wrong to police people's opinions on public figures in the same way we do members here. There are trolling rules to cover when someone really crosses a line (says something threatening, sexist, racist, etc.), but we're not going to hand out flaming infractions if someone mildly insults Chevy Chase or President Obama or Lance Armstrong.

Do you have any idea how oppressive an environment for the posters and labor intensive for the staff that would be? If, by some miracle, Chevy Chase started posting here at TBBS and made his presence known, then yes, the rules would cover him FROM THAT POINT ON, not retroactively over everything that's ever been said about him in the past. It's the only realistic way to handle the situation that wouldn't kill a lot of discussion on the board and drive posters away.

Now, if you feel the need to rehash your stale arguments for protecting public figures the same as members for the nth time, go ahead, but I'd rather not journey into the infinite abyss of your pointless arguments again, so don't expect much of a discussion about it from me. This was more than I wanted to do already. I just wanted to discuss the show I enjoy and the way Chevy Chase is treating the cast and crew before you shit all over the thread.

the G-man wrote: View Post
To be fair, he was great in Fletch, Caddyshack, 3 Amigos and the Vacation movies.
Yeah, I actually enjoy and own quite a few of Chevy's movies and his time on SNL, which is why it's always kind of a bummer when the celebrities turn out to be jerks sometimes, but it doesn't change my opinion of the quality of those films in any way. I can still enjoy them just as much.

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
But I don't have any problem with criticizing someone for the things they actually say and do, such as this situation with Chase.
For a second I was really confused because I thought we were still talking about Chase Masterson.
I've never trusted Chase Masterson, and I never will. I can never forgive her for the death of my boy.

Yeah, that didn't even occur to me about the name, because I wasn't even peripherally involved in ChaseGate, so it's not really something that's on my mind.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote