View Single Post
Old September 26 2012, 10:39 PM   #299
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

nacelle wrote: View Post
Just got back from vegas so having a catch up.
9000 tickets sold my ass!!! Me thinks he's added a zero or two on the actual figure. There's no more than 4 or 5 thousand people a day at the vegas con and thats a huge convention. There's was 4 and a half thousand people at the 2001 voyager blackpool convention on the sunday.
I don't believe 9000 for a second.
Talk ticket price is unreal. Its made creation look cheap! I hope they don't get any ideas!
Vegas has pretty much wiped me out so unless i win the lottery in the next couple of months i won't be going.
Well I don't think it was as high as 4 500, more like 3 500 which I think is as many as the hotel could hold under regulations. Even if you take the 4 500 figure for the Voyager: The Return Convention in Blackpool (which I attended), 9 000 seems plausable for an event being held in London. While Blackpool isn't out of the way, London has a higher population, is easier to get to from the continent, It's easier to get London than to Blackpool for a lot of people in the UK.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.