View Single Post
Old September 26 2012, 06:55 PM   #64
dispatcher812
Lieutenant Commander

Re: TP: Brinkmanship by Una McCormack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
dispatcher812 wrote: View Post
Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
George Orwell: "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

A person who desires to live in the tzenkethi civilization is a person who wants to be nothing more than a mindless tool. Its choice is irrelevant, by its choice - much like it's nonsensical to consider what a computer wants -, because it forwent anything resembling free will.
At most, one could wonder about the extreme psychic deviancy that leads to such a choice.
Yes and that's what I find I like about it. No responsiblility outside what you are supposed to do, no hard decisions to make. No coworkers not pulling there weight or complaing about the job. In my line of work by the time I get home my head is fried. Sometimes a mindless job would be a blessing.
'home'? Where did this come from?
Perhaps you're talking about family, too?

Home, family, friends, interests, etc - All these things are irrelevant to a mindless slave; they involve abilities that it already forwent.
That's what the tzenkethi civilization is.
SPOILERS BELOW

Yes Home, as in where I go after work. Even Efheny went 'home' after her shift. It may not be what we consider home but they have then and from what I was able to get out of it they can and do have relationships. The E class are not all together mindless. Cory was able to make a friend, make her own decsions to follow Efheny. I would not call that minless. EE class, now thats a different story.

My point was that sometimes, for me, that would be refreshing. Just like Efheny found in the end.
dispatcher812 is offline   Reply With Quote