View Single Post
Old September 26 2012, 05:25 PM   #110
Christopher
Writer

Re: OT: Announcing ONLY SUPERHUMAN, my first original novel!

I’m finally able to announce that GraphicAudio, a company that produces fully dramatized audiobook adaptations of novels, is doing an audio edition of Only Superhuman. As announced on their site, it’s scheduled for release in February 2013. As I understand it, this will be a full-cast audio drama complete with music and sound effects, more like old-time radio dramas than your typical audiobook. I’ve listened to some of the samples they have at their site, and they sound good. They appear to have their own repertory company of performers to handle the voices.

To be honest, having somewhat inherited the voice — and the hamminess — of my radio-announcer father, I’ve always kind of hoped I’d get to narrate my own audiobook. I’ve quite enjoyed it when I’ve gotten to do dramatic readings from my work at the Shore Leave convention. But it’s worth passing that up to get to hear the story fully realized in this way.

In other news, the release date is now only three weeks away! But before that, it should be available at the New York Comic-Con, where I'll be doing signings on Friday the 12th at 1:15 and Saturday the 13th at 4:45.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote